Activities Linked In Village Efforts
To nurture and promote commercial, recreational and community activities
that embrace the quality of life for our village and surrounding area while
preserving and developing our historical environment.
We envision our area to be active with tourists visiting our rebuilt Black
River Canal. Our downtown village buildings will be inviting and historically
preserved. The population in our area will be increasing along with our employment.
Lyons Falls will maintain its stores and businesses and we will have new growth.
We will have walking and biking trails for our community and visitors to enjoy.
Lyons Falls area will have family oriented activities for all of our beautiful
seasons. It will be an area that people would like to bring up their families
and to stay in the area well after retirement.
- Earth Day Clean-up
- Spring Black - Moose Kayak Event see
- Flag Dedication Ceremony at Storms Bailey
Home Museum - May 28
- Village Wide Garage Sales: Saturday June 4 2016
- Farmers' Market at the Riverside Park. Tuesdays 12-5. (Food 12-2) June 21
- October 11, 2016 Facebook
- Lyons Falls History Museum Open 1-4 PM June 21 - October 11, 2016 or
by appointment Call 348-8379
- ALIVE Falls Festival - Saturday July 9. Food, Music and Games. Parade at
County Hazardous Waste Collection Day (8-12 at the transfer station)
- October 28
11 AM: Water Tower Drop* reception at library 11:30.
- October 28 7 PM: Forest Coffe House "Elvis in Concert"
- *Monday October 31: Old Lyon Falls Pulp & Paper Water Tower drop 9 AM
(postponed from Friday).
- Sunday December 4: Christmas Caroling, Community Tree Lighting, Refreshments
- Caroling: 4:15 @ Whitten Place in Port Leyden, 5:00
@ High Falls Apartments in Lyons Falls
- Tree Lighting: 5:45
- Santa arrives 5:50 followed by party for the kids in
the basement of St. Johns Church.
- Welcome Baskets to all newcomers to our village.
- Continue developing the Basin Canal Park.
- Support the village with their comprehensive plan.
- Support village with Streetscape project by volunteering where needed.
- Assist and support the ice skating rink at Riverside Park.
- Provide monthly calendar of events of South Lewis County which are posted
in Post Offices and/or libraries of Brantingham, Constableville, Lyons Falls,
Port Leyden and Turin.
- Bike and Hike Trail from Burdicks Crossing Road to the Falls Pharmacy.
- Repair & Rebuild Canal Locks 107, 108 and 109.
- Bike & Hike trail from Burdick's Crossing Road to the Falls Pharmacy.
- Have a viewing area for the Falls on the village side of the Black River.
- Fitness Trail at Riverside Park.
Second Thursday, 4:00 PM, Lyons Falls Fire Hall. All are welcome to attend.
President: Chris Chaufty
Vice President: Rocky Fawcett
Secretary: Katie Liendecker
Corresponding secretary: Bonnie Manning
Treasurer: Liz Clair
Assistant Treasurer: Larry Dolhoff
Member at large: Gary Mavis
BECOME A MEMBER:
We invite you to become a member to help support Lyons Falls ALIVE. Download
our membership form, or call Peg Abbott, membership chairperson, 348-5542,
or any of the Executive Board members. $5/year or $50 lifetime, or $90 for
a couple's lifetime membership.
Area Information, Links, and Pictures...
Web site by Pete Newell ~ Affordable Technical Solutions